Friday, October 14, 2011

[FREE] Fictional short story part 2

A week after the anger subsided, I was back to normal...
Or so I thought.

The events that followed that fateful day caused the isolation to die down. But it couldn't fix the clear discrimination against me. Everyone could tell how much those three hated me. All of the people around me knew, but no one was brave enough to fight back. That is, except for me.

Then, just when I started to feel normal again, it happened again. This time, there was only one. This time, it had nothing to do with the scar on my arm. It is so obvious that all three of them hate me, but it feels like this one conveys the message all the time. In my heart, I know that this one is not behind it all...

But I know that I am not the only one who sees how much they all hate me. The other members of my group of friends can see what a scapegoat I am. It is clear as day.

"Even though you're one of the better ones that come out all the time, I think you should be ranked lower." the voice said.

"why?" I respond.

"Because I feel like it would benefit you. It's a good experience to be among the lower ranks." it answered.

"Fine. Whatever you want." I say, knowing fully well that I am able to compete with the higher ranks. I can't even begin to understand why the hell these people feel the need to screw with my emotions all the time. Just because I am seventeen years old does not give them the right to do this. I know it in my heart but there is still, absolutely nothing I can do about it...

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment