Friday, October 21, 2011

[RE] Blocking the Past

"They say you should learn from your mistakes but for my younger brothers and sisters, they have to learn from their mistake and mine so they wont make the same ones I made."

This quote is from Zubair's post. I can really relate to how he doesn't want his younger siblings to make the same mistakes that he made. However, in my case, I don't want my younger brother to have to experience all the things that I have had to deal with these past three years. So it is a little bit different from how Zubair is feeling, but you'll have to bear with me.

My younger brother has seen me in so much pain because of all of the drama I've had to go through during high school. I know that just that alone had made him so scared of going into high school after he graduated from eighth grade, and I really felt bad about it. Granted, being picked on by a middle-aged woman for the past three years made me a stronger person and made me grow up fast, but I don't think that anyone should have to experience that kind of thing as a high schooler. My family was there for me through all of it, especially my brother. Thats why I think that it's great that he was able to settle down and begin to enjoy high school, but what I am really scared about is what he may or may not experience in his later years. Basically, I wish I could block the past, my past, from haunting him...

I know that I may not always be the best sister ever, but I still want to look out for my younger brother. You know that feeling that the older sibling gets when their younger brother/sister gets picked on by other people? It's like we feel like it should only be us allowed to mess with them. I don't actually know if that made sense or not but it did in my head. Anyways, I just really really hope that he isn't put through the same drama that I had to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment